Certified Pre-Owned Nissan: Buy with Confidence
Used cars were once associated with several risks, but now you can buy with confidence when you purchase a certified pre-owned (CPO) Nissan from Charleston Nissan.
Before appearing in our showroom, Nissan CPO vehicles must meet or exceed stringent standards to ensure their quality is up to par with new vehicles. Nissan’s criteria are some of the most rigorous in the industry, which means you’ll have extra peace of mind when you purchase a Nissan CPO vehicle.
What does this mean for drivers in Charleston, Summerville, or Mount Pleasant? Below, Charleston Nissan goes over the benchmarks that a Nissan must meet to qualify as a CPO vehicle. We also explain the benefits that come with purchasing a CPO Nissan, including trip interruption coverage and emergency roadside assistance.
Qualifying as a Certified Pre-Owned Nissan
For a Nissan to qualify as a CPO vehicle, it must undergo a variety of tests. First, Nissan trained technicians examine a used Nissan to determine if it meets the following:
- Less than six years old
- Fewer than 80,000 miles on its odometer
- Made with genuine Nissan parts
- CARFAX vehicle history report on file and a satisfactory Nissan service history review
- Clean title with no history of damage from fire, flood, or collision
Certified Pre-Owned Nissan Multi-Point Inspection
If a Nissan vehicle satisfies these requirements, it then must pass a 150-point inspection to earn CPO designation. (The Nissan LEAF hatchback must pass a 167-point inspection and possess at least nine of 12 bars of battery capacity.)
Some of these points include:
- Road tests to assess handling, windshield wipers, and heating and air conditioning.
- Inspection of the vehicle’s powertrain/chassis to ensure fuel system, engine mechanical system, suspension, brakes, etc are up to par.
- Checking the body for dents, dings, damage, alignment, mismatched paint, and paint condition.
- Visually checking the vehicle’s frame for repairs, damage, and abnormal wear and tear.
Nissan technicians also perform maintenance on the vehicle. If a vehicle meets these standards, it will be marked as a CPO Nissan.
CPO Nissan 7-Year/100,000-Mile Limited Warranty
Every CPO Nissan comes with a 7-year/100,000-mile limited warranty. For up to seven years or 100,000 miles from the original new car in-service date, whichever happens first, Nissan will repair or replace all covered parts when a repair or replacement is caused by a mechanical breakdown.
Here’s what the Nissan CPO 7-year/100,000-mile limited warranty covers:
- Engine: cylinder heads, blocks, all internal parts, rocker covers and oil pan, valvetrain and front cover, timing chain and tensioner, oil pump and fuel pump, fuel injectors, intake and exhaust manifolds ant turbocharger, flywheel, seals, and gaskets
- Transmission and Transfer Case: case and all internal parts, automatic transmission control module, torque converter and converter housing, transfer case and all internal parts, seals and gaskets, and electronic transmission controls
- Drivetrain: drive shafts, seals and gaskets, final drive housing and all internal parts, propeller shafts, universal joints, and bearings
- Deductible: Any repairs covered under this limited warranty are subject to a $50 deductible per visit.
- Replacement Parts: Replacement of any part will be made with a new or remanufactured replacement part made by or for Nissan for Nissan vehicles. If a part isn’t available from Nissan, the manufacturer may authorize a part of like kind and quality from another source to be used in the repair.
Other Nissan Certified Pre-Owned Perks
With every CPO vehicle, Nissan provides an emergency roadside assistance Package for seven years from the original limited warranty start date of your CPO vehicle or 100,000 miles on the odometer, whichever happens first.
During your limited warranty, a Nissan representative will assess your situation and send assistance with no out-of-pocket expense up to $100 for:
- Battery boost (jump-start)
- Flat tire change (using your good spare)
- Out-of-gas delivery ($5 maximum fuel)
- Lock-out assistance
- Towing Assistance: After a mechanical breakdown, a Nissan roadside assistance representative will arrange for your Nissan to be taken to the nearest Nissan dealer or authorized repair facility. This provides coverage for up to $100 per claim.
- Car Rental Assistance: While your vehicle is being repaired after a mechanical breakdown from a failed covered component, Nissan will reimburse you for car rental expenses up to $35 per day or $175 for a 5-day maximum.
- Trip Interruption: Nissan will reimburse you up to $500 for meals, lodging, and alternative transportation if your vehicle is disabled due to a mechanical breakdown caused by a covered component and you’re more than 100 miles from home.
Certified Pre-Owned Nissans at Charleston Nissan
Charleston Nissan proudly serves drivers in Summerville, Mount Pleasant, and Charleston. Each CPO Nissan in our inventory offers like-new quality, and we’re confident that we have one that matches your budget, lifestyle, and driving needs.
To find out more, check out our certified pre-owned inventory online. If you have any questions, contact us online or by calling 843-571-2810.